Media Release | The McDonald’s Ballarat FNL has today received a recommendation from AFL Victoria, as announced through AFL Goldfields that community football/netball leagues and programs should postpone training and matches until May 31st
The league welcomes and endorses this recommendation for our clubs, their members and players health and wellbeing.
In the interim, the board of the Ballarat FNL will work closely with AFL Goldfields and AFL Victoria over the coming weeks to determine the structure of the 2020 McDonald’s BFNL competitions.
With the abovementioned recommendation, the start of the 2020 McDonald’s BFNL season will be delayed until the end of May initially, with the league to reassess the situation at this time, based on the advice of health professionals and sporting bodies.
Affected by this announcement will include:
• Barwon Netball Championships Sunday 22nd March 2020 Cancelled
• BFNL Media Day Sunday 29th March 2020 Cancelled
• BFNL Junior Lightning Premiership Sat / Sun 4 th & 5th April 2020 Cancelled
• BFNL Season Launch Friday 17th April 2020 Cancelled
• McDonalds Senior Season Saturday 18th April 2020 Postponed
• McDonalds Junior Season Sunday 19th April 2020 Postponed
• Ballarat Netball Assoc Tournament Sunday 19th April 2020 TBA
• Western Bulldogs Under 9’s Friday 24th April 2020 Postponed
• Senior Interleague (-v- Bendigo FNL) Saturday 2nd May 2020 Cancelled
• Netball Vic Association Championships Sunday 25th May 2020 TBA
• Junior Interleague (-v- Bendigo JFNL) Saturday 14th June 2020 Cancelled
We understand that football and netball is a vital component to the social fabric of our community and will be a driving factor to ensure clubs have every opportunity to compete in 2020.